I got lucky in my junk collection and dug out a 12mm thick rectangular piece of Perspex (acyclic). What ever it's previous use, it had four domed rubber feed, nicely positioned, one in each corner. They were threaded in place which made them potentially ideal should I need to level the new platform in any direction. I figured it had sufficient weight on it's own to not need much bolting down, so I came up with the following way of positioning it on the Y-buggy.
Above you see the 12mm thick Perspex and it's rubber feet. I've put blue-tape on the top surface.
The added bonus is that the platform can be easily removed, and returned, if desired, without any apparent impact on it levelling.
Next post is on how well the printing has in the past week... It has gone well as hinted in the above photo! :)
Thanks for viewing!